- Any of a few African antelopes of genus Oryx, including the gemsbok, having long, right or slightly curved horns and a hump over the arms.
- any one of a few antelopes, of genus Oryx, native to Africa, the males and females which have traditionally, straight horns.
- An old name of some North African antelope, most likely the algazel: now positively placed on a number of species of the genus Oryx.
- [capitalized] A genus of orygine antelopes with lengthy horns both in sexes, without suborbital or inguinal glands, and of large-size, with thick neck, large withers, and bushy end.
- In ornithology: The red and black cardinal of the Cape of Good Hope, a kind of weaverbird, Emberiza orix of Linnæus, now Ploceus (Pyromelana) oryx.
- Hence— [capitalized] A genus of weaver-birds.
- [capitalized] In entomology, a genus of coleopterous insects regarding the family members Scarabæidæ.
- big African antelope with lengthy right almost upright horns
- Definition for "oryx"
- Any of a few African antelopes of genus…
- View More
- Sentence for "oryx"
- The oryx is a magnificent creature,…
- View More
- Synonym for "oryx"
- Hyponym for "oryx"
- Hypernym for "oryx"
- Same Context for "oryx"
- Urban Dictionary for "oryx"