- One of several species of East Indian wild birds associated with the genera Ortygis and Hemipodius, resembling quails.
- one of many species of East Indian birds regarding the genera Ortygis and Hemipodius. They resemble quails, but are lacking the hind toe. See turnix.
- A button-quail or hemipod; a three-toed quaillike bird regarding the genus Turnix, Hemipodius, or Ortygis. See Turnicidæ and Hemipodii.
- any one of a few East Indian birds
Sentence for "ortygan"
- Defenseless, management and palsy crotalidae from…
Hypernym for "ortygan"
Variant for "ortygan"