- A small brown old-world bunting (Emberiza hortulana) eaten as a delicacy.
- any one of several "" new world "" wild birds, such as the bobolink and sora.
- A small European migratory bunting, Emberiza hortulana, as soon as consumed entire as a delicacy.
- Any of different comparable wild birds, particularly the bobolink, sora, or snow bunting.
- A European performing bird (Emberiza hortulana), in regards to the measurements of the lark, with black colored wings. It's esteemed delicious food whenever fattened. Called also bunting.
- In England, the wheatear (Saxicola œnanthe).
- in the usa, the sora, or Carolina rail (Porzana Carolina). See sora.
- A gardener.
- The garden-bunting, Emberiza hortulana, a little granivorous conirostral bird of family members Fringillidæ, inhabiting components of European countries and Africa, very esteemed as a table delicacy.
- Some small bird like or likened to or seen erroneously as the ortolan.
- brownish Old World bunting frequently consumed as a delicacy
Sentence for "ortolan"
Hypernym for "ortolan"
Same Context for "ortolan"
Variant for "ortolan"