- an expert in orthoepy, specially among numerous 16th- and 17th-century scholars just who proposed reforms of English spelling such that it would much more systematically mirror pronunciation.
- an individual who studies just how terms tend to be pronounced
- One who is skilled in orthoëpy.
- One who is competent in orthoëpy; one that writes on orthoëpy.
- a practitioner of orthoepy (especially one of many 17th or eighteenth century scholars who proposed to reform English spelling therefore it would reflect pronunciation more closely)
Sentence for "orthoepist"
Hypernym for "orthoepist"
Form for "orthoepist"