- Any of a number of species of iris having a fragrant rootstock, specifically multiple the hybrid Iris germanica.
- The fragrant rootstock for the orris, used in perfumes and beauty products. Also known as orrisroot.
- any one of a number of irises that have a fragrant root, especially Iris germanica (variety florentina).
- The fragrant reason behind these types of an iris; the orris root.
- a kind of silver or silver lace.
- A pattern which silver lace or silver lace is worked, specially one in which the sides are ornamented with conical numbers put at equal distances, with spots between them.
- A plant for the genus Iris (Iris Florentina); a kind of flower-de-luce. Its rootstock has an odor resembling that of violets.
- sort of gold or silver-lace.
- A peculiar pattern in which gold lace or silver lace is worked; specifically, one in which the sides are ornamented with conical numbers placed at equal distances, with spots among them.
- A name provided to laces of assorted design in gold-and-silver.
- Galloon and gimp utilized in furniture.
- A plant from where orris-root is acquired. Additionally orrice.
- German iris having big white plants with lavender-tinged falls and a fragrant rhizome
- fragrant rootstock of numerous irises specifically Florentine iris; used in perfumes and medicines
Sentence for "orris"
- Then the delectable, creamy blend of…
Rhyme for "orris"
Hypernym for "orris"
Cross Reference for "orris"
Same Context for "orris"