- A bordure which works around the outline of a shield without touching the advantage.
- A bearing, by means of a fillet, round the guard, within, but at some length from, the border.
- The wreath, or chaplet, surmounting or encircling the helmet of a knight and bearing the crest.
- In heraldry: A bearing, frequently considered as a subordinary, like a border not reaching the side of the escutcheon, so that the area is observed away from it in addition to within.
- A band of small objects using the form of an orle: because, an orle of mullets. It really is additionally blazoned in orle (which see, below).
- A circlet set upon a helmet, which supports the crest and it is frequently found in modern-day heraldry without having the helmet, furnishing the only help or base the crest.
- The rim of a shield; especially, the material rim of a shield composed of timber, osier, and/or love, and visible as a projecting rim on its face.
- In structure, identical to orlet.
Sentence for "orle"
Cross Reference for "orle"
Same Context for "orle"
Urban Dictionary for "orle"
- Orle (pronouced orlay) meaning everythings great…