- Any of a number of long, dense bits of timber, pointed and shod with iron, and suspended, each by an independent line, over a gateway, is let down in the event of attack.
- A piece of ordnance, consisting of a number of musket drums organized making sure that a match or train may relate with each of their touchholes, and a discharge be guaranteed virtually or quite at the same time.
- anybody of a number of long, thick items of timber, pointed and shod with iron, and suspended, each by another rope, over a gateway, becoming let down in case there is assault.
- a bit of ordnance, composed of several musket drums arranged to ensure that a match or train may connect to all their touchholes, and a discharge be secured very nearly or rather simultaneously.
Sentence for "orgue"
- The prelude at Solemn Mass this…
- View More