- some of a number of lichens, chiefly for the genera Roccella and Lecanora, that a dye is acquired.
- The violet dyestuff acquired from some of these organisms.
- some of a number of lichens, particularly those regarding the genera Roccella and Lecanora.
- The dye, orcein, obtained from them.
- See archil.
- identical to archil.
- any one of various lecanoras that yield the dye archil
- a purplish dye obtained from orchil lichens
Sentence for "orchil"
- In 1758, Cuthbert Gordon received a…
Hypernym for "orchil"
Same Context for "orchil"
Variant for "orchil"