Definition for "orchid"
Sentence for "orchid"
Hyponym for "orchid"
Hypernym for "orchid"
Cross Reference for "orchid"
Form for "orchid"
Same Context for "orchid"
Variant for "orchid"
- a part for the orchid family.
- The rose of any of those plants, specially one cultivated for decoration.
- A pale to light purple, from grayish to purplish pink to strong reddish purple.
- a plant of this orchid family members, bearing unusually-shaped flowers of beautiful colours.
- a light bluish-red, violet-red or purple color.
- Any plant associated with order Orchidaceæ. See orchidaceous.
- Any plant of the natural order Orchideæ; an orchidaceous plant.
- any one of numerous plants of this orchid family frequently having plants of unusual shapes and gorgeous colors
- having a light purple color.