- one which opposes another or others in a battle, competition, debate, or debate. See Synonyms at opponent.
- someone or team who is a rival of another.
- one that tries to end the development of.
- person who objects to.
- In staff sports, a player of an opposite staff.
- One who opposes; an adversary; an antagonist; a foe.
- person who opposes in a disputation, argument, or other verbal conflict; especially, one who attacks some thesis or idea, in distinction from respondent, or defendant, who preserves it.
- One who opposes; an adversary; an antagonist; a person who aids the alternative part in controversy, disputation, or argument, or in a contest of any sort.
- a person who participates an opponency; the one who begins a dispute by increasing objections to a tenet or doctrine: correlative to defendant or respondent.
- a contestant that you are compared to
- a person who offers resistance
- Acting against an antagonist or opposing power: opponent armies.
- based in front side.
- located in front side; other; for this reason, opposing; adverse; antagonistic.
- characterized by active hostility
- Situated in front; opposing; standing in the manner.
- Opposing; antagonistic; adverse.
- In structure, joining together or into resistance; having the activity of an opponens. See opponens.
- Definition for "opponent"
- one which opposes another or others in a…
- View More
- Sentence for "opponent"
- Quotes for "opponent"
- "Science rests on reason and experiment,…"
- View More
- Synonym for "opponent"
- Antonym for "opponent"
- Phrases for "opponent"
- Rhyme for "opponent"
- Hypernym for "opponent"
- Equivalent for "opponent"
- Same Context for "opponent"