- A mottled green rock composed of diabase.
- some of various green stones, such serpentine.
- A greenish spotted porphyry, becoming a diabase whoever pyroxene has been modified to uralite; -- first found when you look at the Pyreness. So called through the colored spots which provide a mottled appearance.
- A mamber of a Gnostic serpent-worshiping sect associated with second century.
- A name originally put on certain eruptive (diabasic or doleritic) rocks happening into the Pyrenees, and later used with similar meaning for stones present Spain, Portugal, and north Africa.
- a part of a Gnostic human body, of extremely early beginning, especially prominent when you look at the second century, and existing because later whilst the 6th century.
- Of or with respect to a serpent.
- related to a serpent.
Sentence for "ophite"
- Geolog. ', t. ii., p. 379-415;…
- View More