Definition for "opener"
- One that opens, specially a device used to…
Sentence for "opener"
Phrases for "opener"
Hypernym for "opener"
Cross Reference for "opener"
Form for "opener"
Urban Dictionary for "opener"
- One that opens, specially a device used to cut open cans or pry up container hats.
- Games the ball player whom starts the betting in cards.
- Games Cards of enough worth to enable the owner to open up the betting.
- 1st act in a theatrical variety show.
- Sports 1st online game in a set.
- a tool that opens up anything; especially a tin-opener/can-opener, or a bottle opener.
- the gamer who begins the betting.
- (in plural openers) Cards of sufficient price allow a player to open the betting.
- the initial work in an assortment show.
- A batsman which usually plays in the 1st two positions of an innings.
- The first in a number of events, products etc.; the initial remark or phrase of a discussion.
- the very first game played in a competition
- the very first objective or point scored.
- person who, or that which, opens up.
- A bottle opener or a can opener.
- one that opens up: as, a pew-opener.
- an instrument or machine utilized in opening.
- plural In poker, the mandatory certification for opening a jack-pot, namely, jacks or better.
- a hand tool employed for opening sealed containers (bottles or cans)
- initial event in a set
- somebody who unfastens or unwraps or opens up
- for openers Informal to start with: "from 54 prospective jurors, they knocked 20 off . . . simply for openers” ( Joseph DiMona).