- a reverberatory furnace; esp., a type of reverberatory furnace when the gasoline is fuel, utilized in production steel.
- the type of regenerative furnace for the reverberatory kind found in making steel because of the Martin, Siemens, and Siemens-Martin processes. See metallic.
- a furnace for making steel where the metal is positioned on a shallow hearth and flames of burning up gas and hot-air play over it
- Definition for "open-hearth furnace"
- a reverberatory furnace; esp., a type of reverberatory…
- View More
- Hypernym for "open-hearth furnace"