Definition for "oldwife"
Sentence for "oldwife"
Synonym for "oldwife"
Hypernym for "oldwife"
Cross Reference for "oldwife"
Variant for "oldwife"
- any one of various fishes for instance the alewife and menhaden.
- the area title of numerous fishes, since the European black ocean bream (Cantharus lineatus), the United states alewife, etc.
- A tropical Atlantic seafood (Bessy cerca).
- a standard long-tailed ocean duck (Clangula hyemalis) of this north components of the united states; also referred to as old-squaw.
- The long-tailed sea-duck, Harelda glacialis, of the family Anatidæ as well as the subfamily Fuligulinæ.
- In ichthyology, one of several different fishes.
- A cowl for a chimney, to avoid its cigarette smoking.
- a common long-tailed water duck for the northern components of the usa
- exotic Atlantic fish