- A tall palm-tree (Elaeis guineensis) indigenous to tropical Africa, having nutlike fruits that yield a commercially valuable oil. Also known as African oil hand.
- some of a number of palms that yield oil.
- Elaeis guineensis, the main supply of palm oil.
- Any species of hand which can usefully produce palm oil.
- a palm tree whose fruit furnishes oil, esp. Elæis Guineensis. See Elæis.
- A palm, Elæis Guineensis, the fruit-pulp which yields palm-oil. See Elæis, palmnut-oil, and palm-oil.
- pinnate-leaved palms associated with the genus Elaeis having dense clusters of crowded plants and bright red fresh fruit and yielding high quality hand essential oils
Hyponym for "oil palm"
Hypernym for "oil palm"