- A tall palm-tree (Elaeis guineensis) indigenous to tropical Africa, having nutlike fruits that yield a commercially valuable oil. Also known as African oil hand.
- some of a number of palms that yield oil.
- Elaeis guineensis, the main supply of palm oil.
- Any species of hand which can usefully produce palm oil.
- a palm tree whose fruit furnishes oil, esp. Elæis Guineensis. See Elæis.
- A palm, Elæis Guineensis, the fruit-pulp which yields palm-oil. See Elæis, palmnut-oil, and palm-oil.
- pinnate-leaved palms associated with the genus Elaeis having dense clusters of crowded plants and bright red fresh fruit and yielding high quality hand essential oils
- Definition for "oil palm"
- A tall palm-tree (Elaeis guineensis) indigenous to tropical…
- View More
- Hyponym for "oil palm"
- Hypernym for "oil palm"