Definition for "octavo"
Sentence for "octavo"
Synonym for "octavo"
Hypernym for "octavo"
Cross Reference for "octavo"
Same Context for "octavo"
Urban Dictionary for "octavo"
- The web page size, from 5 by 8 ins to 6 by 9 1/2 inches, of a novel composed of printer's sheets folded into eight leaves.
- A book made up of octavo pages.
- A sheet of report 7 to 10 ins large and 4.5 to 6 inches large, the scale varying aided by the huge initial sheet always develop it. Made by folding the first sheet three times to make eight leaves.
- A book of octavo pages.
- A book composed of sheets every one of that is collapsed into eight leaves; thus, indicating almost seriously a size of book so made; -- generally written 8vo or 8°.
- a novel or pamphlet every area or gathering that includes eight leaves, each leaf supposed to be one eighth regarding the sheet printed: often written 8vo.
- A sheet of report evenly collapsed in order to make eight leaves and sixteen pages.
- a type of kind containing eight pages.
- the dimensions of a book whoever pages are produced by folding a sheet of paper three times to make eight leaves
- Having eight leaves to a sheet
- Having eight leaves to a sheet; formed of sheets of paper so folded concerning make eight leaves to your sheet: because, an octavo volume.