- a natural construction, such as the soft palate, that closes an opening in your body.
- A prosthetic device providing to close an opening in your body.
- An object used to impair a hole.
- That which closes or prevents an opening.
- An apparatus made to close an unnatural opening, as a fissure of the palate.
- Any product for steering clear of the escape of gasoline through breech process of a breech-loading firearm; a gas check.
- A camera shutter.
- whatever closes or stops up an entrance, cavity, or even the love.
- In photography, the instantaneous shutter of a camera.
- any such thing used to close the orifice of a hollow tool, such as for instance a speculum or catheter, during its introduction.
- a prosthesis familiar with shut an opening (as to close an opening of this hard palate in instances of cleft palate)
- Serving as an obturator; closing an opening; related to, or perhaps in the region of, the obturator foramen.
Sentence for "obturator"
- An appendix sitting behind the obturator…
Hypernym for "obturator"
Cross Reference for "obturator"
Same Context for "obturator"