- Law An opinion voiced by a judge which has just incidental bearing on the instance concerned and it is for that reason perhaps not binding. Also referred to as dictum.
- An incidental comment or observance; a passing comment.
- a statement or remark in a court's wisdom that's not necessary to the disposition of instance.
- An incidental and collateral opinion uttered by a judge. See dictum, n., 2 (a).
- an opinion voiced by a judge on a point of law not directly bearing on instance involved therefore maybe not binding
- an incidental comment
- Definition for "obiter dictum"
- Law An opinion voiced by a judge which…
- View More
- Hypernym for "obiter dictum"
- Variant for "obiter dictum"