- A mark (— or ÷) utilized in old manuscripts to point a doubtful or spurious passage.
- Printing See obelisk.
- A mark (÷) used to represent division in mathematics. Also used to indicate a written or printed passage, and in ancient manuscripts to mark a word or passage as spurious or doubtful.
- A dagger mark (†) utilized as a reference level in printed matter, or to indicate that a person is deceased, often regularly suggest a footnote.
- A mark [thus —, or ÷]; -- so-called as resembling a needle. In old MSS. or versions associated with classics, it marks suspected passages or readings.
- A mark, so named from the similarity to a spit, usually made like a dash, thus —, or like an obelisk, therefore , and employed in old manuscripts to point a suspected passage or reading.
Definition for "obelus"
Sentence for "obelus"
- Andrians and Corinthians, and the decree…
Cross Reference for "obelus"
Same Context for "obelus"