- A large, coin-shaped, fossil foraminifer associated with genus Nummulites, extensively distributed in limestone formations from Eocene Epoch to the Miocene Epoch associated with Cenozoic.
- A protozoan through the Tertiary period, understood just as fossils
- A fossil of this genus Nummulites and allied genera.
- A member of the genus Nummulites or family Nummulitidæ: used in a broad sense, generally in the plural, for a fossil nummuline shell of almost any kind.
- big fossil protozoan of this Tertiary duration
Sentence for "nummulite"
- The nummulite rock, in the vicinity…
Hypernym for "nummulite"