- The horizontally projecting side of a stair tread.
- A shield covering this edge.
- A projecting side of a molding.
- That an element of the treadboard of a stair that projects within the riser.
- Any comparable projection, such as the projecting edge of a moulding.
- That an element of the treadboard of a stair which projects throughout the riser; for this reason, any like projection, once the projecting edge of a molding.
- In design, the projecting side of a molding or drip; the projecting molding on edge of one step in a stair.
- In a lock, the keeper which engages the latch or bolt.
- A metal or rubber guard formed to match the projecting side of a tread or step of a stairway to safeguard it from wear.
- provide participle of nose.
Sentence for "nosing"
- For anyone interested in nosing around…
Rhyme for "nosing"
Verb Stem for "nosing"
Urban Dictionary for "nosing"
- Rubbing one's nostrils lightly across someone…