- To oxidize (an ammonia chemical) into nitric acid, nitrous acid, or any nitrate or nitrite, especially because of the activity of nitrobacteria.
- To treat or match nitrogen or compounds containing nitrogen.
- to mix or impregnate with nitrogen; to convert, by oxidation, into nitrous or nitric acid; to susceptible to, or create by, nitrification.
- to treat, or react with nitrogen or a nitrogen-containing compound
- to transform ammonia or similar mixture to a nitrate by oxidation, specially because of the action of a microorganism
- treat with nitrogen or a nitrogen ingredient
- convert into nitric acid, nitrous acid, or nitrate, specially because of the activity of nitrobacteria
- treat (earth) with nitrates
- is became niter.
- To impregnate (the earth) with nitrates being stimulate the development of flowers.
- In bacteriology, to oxidize (ammonia substances) to nitrites or (nitrites) to nitrates, by microbial action.
- Definition for "nitrify"
- To oxidize (an ammonia chemical) into nitric acid,…
- View More
- Sentence for "nitrify"
- Verb Forms for "nitrify"
- Hypernym for "nitrify"
- Etymologically Related for "nitrify"
- Form for "nitrify"
- Variant for "nitrify"