Definition for "nit"
- The egg or young of a parasitic pest,…
Sentence for "nit"
Phrases for "nit"
Rhyme for "nit"
Hypernym for "nit"
Same Context for "nit"
Urban Dictionary for "nit"
Medical Dictionary for "nit"
- The egg or young of a parasitic pest, such as for example a louse.
- A unit of illuminative brightness corresponding to one candle per square meter, measured perpendicular towards the rays of this source.
- The egg of a louse.
- a louse.
- A fool, a nitwit.
- A nitpicker
- A candela per square meter.
- The egg of a louse or any other small insect.
- The egg of a louse or some similar insect.
- a tiny area, speck, or protuberance.
- In mining. See knit, 3.
- a little insect; a gnat or fly: used contemptuously to persons.
- a luminance product add up to 1 candle per square meter assessed perpendicular towards rays through the source
- egg or young of an insect parasitic on mammals particularly a sucking louse; usually attached with a hair or product of clothing