- Roman Catholic Church An attestation by a church censor that a book includes absolutely nothing damaging to trust or morals.
- Official approval, especially of an artistic work.
- respected approval
- the phrase employed by the state censor regarding the Roman Catholic Church to state that a publication was examined and contains absolutely nothing offensive to your church
- Definition for "nihil obstat"
- Roman Catholic Church An attestation by a church…
- View More
- Hypernym for "nihil obstat"