- Any of a course of dyes, differing from blue to black, found in the make of inks as well as for dyeing wood and fabrics.
- A dark blue synthetic dyestuff of induline team.
- A dark blue dyestuff, for the induline team; -- called in addition azodiphenyl blue.
- A coal-tar shade found in dyeing, prepared through the hydrochlorid of violaniline.
- The name is put on three various coal-tar colors:
- Spirit-soluble nigrosine, which can be closely allied to spirit-soluble induliue.
- Water-soluble nigrosine, which is the sodium salt of specific snlphonic acids of spirit-soluble nigrosine.
- Methylene grey (which see, under grey).
Sentence for "nigrosine"
- Experimentations in 1878 with the insoluble…
Variant for "nigrosine"