- a tiny, dim light left on all-night.
- An artificial light designed to be kept burning up through the night.
- Specifically— A short dense candle with a wick little compared and arranged so as to give a little flame for most hours.
- A short wick attached to a float which rests on top of oil in a vessel.
- A phosphorescent marine infusorian, Noctiluca miliaris.
- light (as a candle or little light bulb) that burns off in a bedroom during the night (in terms of kiddies or invalids)
Sentence for "night-light"
- In the night-light he made out…
- View More