Definition for "nidicolous"
- Remaining inside nest after hatching until grown or…
Etymologically Related for "nidicolous"
- Remaining inside nest after hatching until grown or nearly cultivated. Used of a bird.
- revealing the nest of another types of animal: nidicolous mites.
- looking after remain in the nest or birthplace for a long period after delivery, due to dependence on the parents for feeding and security.
- (of wild birds) staying in nest for a while after hatching
- Abiding within the nest; noting those wild birds that are hatched in a more or less holploss problem and remain for a while in the nest; altricial: compared with nidifugous.