- An apparatus used to assess the size and concentration of particles in a liquid by analysis of light spread because of the fluid.
- An instrument for calculating various areas of the suspended particles in a fluid; particularly in a colloid.
- An instrument for calculating or registering the total amount of cloudiness.
- a guitar which measures the amount that fluid suspensions scatter light, and also by inference, the focus of scattering particles when you look at the suspension. It is employed for various purposes, such as for instance to estimate the number of micro-organisms in suspension system in a liquid.
- A proposed instrument which could make a continuous record of proportion of cloudiness of the sky. No such instrument has however already been built.
- In chem., an instrument for estimating the total amount of a solid compound suspended, in very small percentage plus a very finely split state, in a liquid, as in the actual situation of 1 or two milligrams of silver chlorid in a liter of water.
Definition for "nephelometer"
- An apparatus used to assess the size and…
- View More
Sentence for "nephelometer"
- He invented the nephelometer and demonstrated…
- View More