- some of several marine fishes of the family Belonidae, having slender figures, needlelike teeth, and narrow jaws.
- Any of some other fishes, like the pipefish, having projecting jaws.
- Slender fish, inside household Belonidae, generally present in shallow marine habitats.
- The European great pipefish (Siphostoma acus or Syngnathus acus); -- called additionally earl, and tanglefish.
- The garfish.
- one of the various garfishes or bill-fishes; any belonid: so-called from the razor-sharp, thin snout. See Belonidæ and gar.
- A pipe-fish, Syngnathus acus, or any other species of the genus or family members Syngnathidæ. See Syngnathus.
- The agonoid fish Aspidophoroides monopterygius.
- just like needle-shell.
- A fish of the family Tylosuridæ, widely distributed.
- seafood with long tubular snout and slim human body covered with bony dishes
- elongate European surface-dwelling predacious fishes with long-toothed jaws; loaded in seaside oceans
Definition for "needlefish"
- some of several marine fishes of the family…
Sentence for "needlefish"
Variant for "needlefish"