- The cycling bell or umbrella of a jellyfish or medusa.
- among the zooids of particular Siphonophora, having somewhat the proper execution, additionally the essential structure, associated with the bell of a jellyfish, and acting as a swimming organ.
- The swimming bell or umbrella of a jellyfish of medusa.
- the zooids of certain Siphonophora, having notably the shape, and essential framework, of this bell of a jellyfish, and acting as a swimming organ.
- A swimming-bell; the bell-shaped or discoidal natatory organ with which many hydrozoans are given, by means of which the hydrosome is propelled through the liquid.
Sentence for "nectocalyx"
- In the discussion of conscious and…