- Chiefly British A laborer, specifically one utilized in building or excavation tasks.
- a laborer on a civil manufacturing project such as for example a canal or railroad
- initially, a laborer on canals for internal navigation; thus, a laborer on various other public works, such as building railroads, embankments, etc.
- just like navigation, 4.
- Same as navigator, 2.
- A common laborer engaged in such act as the creating of canals or railways.
- A power-machine for excavating planet.
- a laborer that is obliged to do menial work
- Definition for "navvy"
- Chiefly British A laborer, specifically one utilized in…
- View More
- Sentence for "navvy"
- Hypernym for "navvy"
- Cross Reference for "navvy"
- Same Context for "navvy"