- A distance amongst the rails of a railroad track this is certainly under the standard width of 56 1/2 inches (143.5 centimeters).
- A locomotive, car, or railway distinct this measure.
- A railway measure (length involving the two lines) that is lower than the typical measure (frequently quoted as 56 inches)
- a railroad track (or its circumference) narrower versus standard 56.5 inches
- See Note under Gauge, n., 6.
Definition for "narrow gauge"
- A distance amongst the rails of a railroad…
Hypernym for "narrow gauge"