- any one of numerous marine gastropods associated with the genus Murex typical in tropical seas and achieving harsh spiny shells, especially M. trunculus, the origin of Tyrian purple.
- some of the genus Murex of marine gastropods.
- . [capitalized] The Standard genus of Mùricidæ.
- A species of the genus.
- Pl. murexes or murices (-rek-sez,-ri-sēz). A caltrop.
- A shell made use of as a trumpet, as in representations of tritons, in art.
Definition for "murex"
- any one of numerous marine gastropods associated with…
Sentence for "murex"
Same Context for "murex"