Definition for "muff"
- to do or deal with clumsily; bungle. See…
Sentence for "muff"
- George Romney (1781, discussed above), where…
Synonym for "muff"
Antonym for "muff"
Verb Forms for "muff"
Rhyme for "muff"
Hypernym for "muff"
Etymologically Related for "muff"
Form for "muff"
Same Context for "muff"
Urban Dictionary for "muff"
Sports Dictionary for "muff"
- to do or deal with clumsily; bungle. See Synonyms at botch.
- Sports To neglect to make (a catch).
- to undertake awkwardly; to fumble; to are not able to hold, as a ball, in catching it.
- To perform an act clumsily.
- A clumsy or bungled activity.
- Sports a deep failing in order to make a catch.
- a little cylindrical fur or cloth address, open at both ends, where the arms are put for heat.
- A cluster of feathers privately of face of specific varieties of fowl.
- Vulgar Slang The vulva.
- some fur or cloth, typically with open ends, employed for maintaining the fingers warm.
- Female pubic locks; the vulva.
- A blown cylinder of cup that is later flattened out to make a sheet.
- The feathers sticking out from both sides of face beneath the beak of some wild birds.
- one, a mistake.
- shortened as a type of muffin.
- A soft cover of cylindrical form, often of fur, donned by women to shield the hands from cool.
- A short hollow cylinder surrounding an object, as a pipe.
- A blown cylinder of cup that will be later flattened out to make a sheet.
- A stupid fellow; a poor-spirited person.
- A failure to put on a ball when once in the possession of.
- The whitethroat.
- A cover into which both of your hands might pushed so that all of them hot.
- The whitethroat, Sylvia cinerea. Macgillirray. Additionally muffet.
- A cylinder of blown glass prepared for slitting and distributing open in the flattening-furnace to make a plate.
- A joiningtube or coupler for uniting two pipes end-to-end.
- A simpleton; a stupid or weak-spirited individual.
- An inefficient apprentice craftsman.
- such a thing done in a clumsy or bungling style, as a negative stroke of play in a-game of basketball; specifically, in ball-playing, failure to put up a ball which comes into one's hands.
- A lap or fleece of fibrous material, like the lap of waste cotton fiber, which is extracted from the comb of a combing-machine.
- a warm tubular covering for hands
- (recreations) losing the ball
- In US soccer, to drop or mishandle the basketball, specially during a punt or kick-off.
- By expansion, to mishandle any situation.
- don't capture, since a ball
- make a mess of, destroy or ruin
- To mumble; speak indistinctly.
- to do clumsily or badly; fail, such as some attempt in playing a-game; muddle; make chaos of.
- particularly, in ball-playing, to neglect to hold (the baseball) when considering into the hands.
- To act clumsily or badly, particularly in playing a game, as with obtaining a ball into one's hands and failing to hold it.