- to do or deal with clumsily; bungle. See Synonyms at botch.
- Sports To neglect to make (a catch).
- to undertake awkwardly; to fumble; to are not able to hold, as a ball, in catching it.
- To perform an act clumsily.
- A clumsy or bungled activity.
- Sports a deep failing in order to make a catch.
- a little cylindrical fur or cloth address, open at both ends, where the arms are put for heat.
- A cluster of feathers privately of face of specific varieties of fowl.
- Vulgar Slang The vulva.
- some fur or cloth, typically with open ends, employed for maintaining the fingers warm.
- Female pubic locks; the vulva.
- A blown cylinder of cup that is later flattened out to make a sheet.
- The feathers sticking out from both sides of face beneath the beak of some wild birds.
- one, a mistake.
- shortened as a type of muffin.
- A soft cover of cylindrical form, often of fur, donned by women to shield the hands from cool.
- A short hollow cylinder surrounding an object, as a pipe.
- A blown cylinder of cup that will be later flattened out to make a sheet.
- A stupid fellow; a poor-spirited person.
- A failure to put on a ball when once in the possession of.
- The whitethroat.
- A cover into which both of your hands might pushed so that all of them hot.
- The whitethroat, Sylvia cinerea. Macgillirray. Additionally muffet.
- A cylinder of blown glass prepared for slitting and distributing open in the flattening-furnace to make a plate.
- A joiningtube or coupler for uniting two pipes end-to-end.
- A simpleton; a stupid or weak-spirited individual.
- An inefficient apprentice craftsman.
- such a thing done in a clumsy or bungling style, as a negative stroke of play in a-game of basketball; specifically, in ball-playing, failure to put up a ball which comes into one's hands.
- A lap or fleece of fibrous material, like the lap of waste cotton fiber, which is extracted from the comb of a combing-machine.
- a warm tubular covering for hands
- (recreations) losing the ball
- In US soccer, to drop or mishandle the basketball, specially during a punt or kick-off.
- By expansion, to mishandle any situation.
- don't capture, since a ball
- make a mess of, destroy or ruin
- To mumble; speak indistinctly.
- to do clumsily or badly; fail, such as some attempt in playing a-game; muddle; make chaos of.
- particularly, in ball-playing, to neglect to hold (the baseball) when considering into the hands.
- To act clumsily or badly, particularly in playing a game, as with obtaining a ball into one's hands and failing to hold it.
- Definition for "muff"
- to do or deal with clumsily; bungle. See…
- View More
- Sentence for "muff"
- George Romney (1781, discussed above), where…
- View More
- Synonym for "muff"
- Antonym for "muff"
- Verb Forms for "muff"
- Rhyme for "muff"
- Hypernym for "muff"
- Etymologically Related for "muff"
- Form for "muff"
- Same Context for "muff"
- Urban Dictionary for "muff"
- Sports Dictionary for "muff"