- A grayish-brown, swift-flying crazy dove (Zenaidura macroura) of united states, noted because of its mournful telephone call. Also referred to as turtledove.
- A grey-coloured dove, Zenaida macroura, that features a mournful telephone call, native to the united states
- the normal American or Carolina turtle-dove, Zenaidura carolinensis: so named from its plaintive cooing. See cut-under dove.
- crazy dove associated with united states of america having a mournful call
- a wild dove (Zenaidura macroura) discovered through the US; -- so named from its plaintive note. Called additionally Carolina dove. See Illust. under Dove.
Synonym for "mourning dove"
Hypernym for "mourning dove"