- A polyphonic composition according to a sacred text and usually sung without accompaniment.
- A composition adapted to sacred words into the elaborate polyphonic chapel style; an anthem.
- A composition adapted to sacred words in the elaborate polyphonic church style; an anthem.
- In music:
- A vocal structure in somewhat strict polyphonic style, having a Biblical or comparable prose text, and meant to be sung in a church service.
- Any vocal work with balance designed for used in a church solution; an anthem.
- an unaccompanied choral structure with sacred words; designed to be sung as an element of a church service; originated from the 13th century
Sentence for "motet"
Synonym for "motet"
Hypernym for "motet"
Same Context for "motet"