- See nighthawk.
- reduced Southern U.S. See dragonfly. See Local Note at dragonfly.
- A dragonfly.
- a dragon fly; -- so-called given that it captures and feeds upon mosquitoes.
- A dragon-fly.
- The night-hawk, a caprimulgine bird, Chordeiles popetue, or some other species of the same genus.
- primarily nocturnal North American goatsucker
- slender-bodied non-stinging pest having iridescent wings which can be outspread at peace; adults and nymphs feed on mosquitoes etc.
Hypernym for "mosquito hawk"
- View More