- a normal English people dance performed by a team of costumed dancers, frequently men and people collectively or females just, who usually wield sticks or handkerchiefs.
- See Morris.
- A dance of people in costume, especially of persons putting on hoods and outfits tagged with bells; additionally, any mumming overall performance by which dance played a conspicuous part.
- a type of country-dance nevertheless preferred in the north of England.
- also referred to as Morisco, Moor-dance, and formerly Moresque party.
- some of different English people dances carried out by dancers in costume
- To perform this kind of a dance
Definition for "morris dance"
- a normal English people dance performed by a…
Hypernym for "morris dance"