- A drama within the fifteenth and 16th hundreds of years using allegorical characters to portray the heart's battle to achieve salvation.
- some thing viewed as displaying a struggle between great and wicked and offering a moral concept.
- a form of allegorical crisis to the end of the dark ages that shows a moral motif eg a character's inner find it difficult to attain ethical enlightenment or salvation
- an allegorical play popular when you look at the 15th and 16th centuries; characters personified virtues and vices
Quotes for "morality play"
- "Watergate provides a model case study…"
Hypernym for "morality play"