- Chiefly British a standard, extensively distributed types of gallinule, Gallinula chloropus.
- Chiefly British The female purple grouse.
- Any of numerous medium-sized water wild birds of the genus Gallinula, associated with the railway family, that feed in available liquid margins.
- women purple grouse, Lagopus lagopus scotica.
- An Australian railway (Tribonyx ventralis).
- A black gallinule (Gallinula chloropus) that inhabits ponds and ponds.
- The female associated with the moor-fowl; the moor hen.
- The female moorfowl.
- the most popular British gallinule or water-hen, Gallinula chloropus. Also moor-coot.
- The US coot.
- black gallinule that inhabits ponds and ponds
- female red grouse
Sentence for "moorhen"
- New Mexico: Non-toxic ammunition required for…
Synonym for "moorhen"
Hypernym for "moorhen"
Form for "moorhen"
Variant for "moorhen"