- Composed of solitary components, as a flower with one sepal, one petal, one stamen, and another pistil.
- Having just one joint; said regarding the base of certain pests.
- consists of solitary parts, as a flower with one sepal, one petal, one stamen, and one pistil.
- Having but one joint; -- stated associated with the foot of certain insects.
- In zoology, getting the tarsi single-jointed; uniarticulate, as a tarsus; especially, of or pertaining to the Monomera.
- In botany, having but one member in each pattern (pistil, stamen, petal, or sepal): said of a flower. Compare dimerous, 2.