- Having only one hydrogen ion to subscribe to a base in an acid-base response; monoprotic.
- Having only 1 metal ion or good radical.
- containing one replaceable hydrogen atom
- having one atom of a univalent metal
- effective at being neutralized by a univalent base or basic radical; having but one acid hydrogen atom to be replaced; -- said of acids.
- Having one base: applied in biochemistry to an acid which gets in into combo with a univalent fundamental radical to create a neutral sodium, or a salt containing one equivalent of a base.
- Pertaining or relating to monobasis.
Sentence for "monobasic"
Cross Reference for "monobasic"