- A short, tight-fitting jacket, typically donned by sailors.
- See mess jacket.
- a kind of close-fit coat worn by sailors
- A semiformal lightweight jacket, usually manufactured from plastic, with striped cuffs and neck, much like an MA-1 flight jacket.
- a short closely fitted coat, worn by sailors.
- A short close-fitting layer or jacket, generally speaking manufactured from stout material, as pilot-cloth, a great deal donned by sailors in cold weather; a Guernsey frock.
- waist-length coat tapering to a spot behind; donned by officials within the mess for formal dinners
Synonym for "monkey jacket"
Hypernym for "monkey jacket"
Etymologically Related for "monkey jacket"