Definition for "monandrous"
- Botany Having flowers bearing just one stamen, such…
Sentence for "monandrous"
Equivalent for "monandrous"
- Botany Having flowers bearing just one stamen, such as the poinsettia.
- Of, concerning, or characterized by monandry.
- Having just one stamen in each flower.
- Having one male intimate companion over a period of time.
- Of or pertaining to the monandria; having but one stamen.
- having just one spouse at any given time
- In zoology and anthropology:
- Having one male or husband; residing in monandry; monogamous, as a lady.
- regarding monandry: because, a monandrous system or customized.
- In botany, having one stamen; belonging to or obtaining the characters of this class Monandria.