- Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by an adverse or acid atom or radical; effective at neutralizing a monobasic acid.
- Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by an acidic atom or radical.
- effective at neutralizing one same in principle as a monobasic acid; -- said of basics, and of particular metals.
- An acid having one changeable hydrogen atom.
- Capable of saturating a single molecule of a monobasic acid: placed on hydroxids and standard oxids.
Definition for "monacid"
- Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by an adverse…
Synonym for "monacid"