- a reduced, sustained, mournful cry, frequently indicative of sadness or pain.
- the same noise: the eerie moan of this night wind.
- the lowest, mournful weep of discomfort, sorrow or satisfaction
- A low prolonged sound, articulate or perhaps not, indicative of pain or of grief; a minimal groan.
- a minimal mournful or murmuring noise; -- of things.
- the lowest lifeless noise revealing grief or discomfort; a sound of lamentation not deep as a groan; audible appearance of sadness; grief indicated in terms or cries.
- A low dull sound resembling that produced by someone moaning.
- Lament: lamentation; problem: especially in the phrase which will make an individual's moan.
- an utterance revealing discomfort or disapproval
- To utter a moan or moans.
- to produce a sound resembling a moan: A saxophone moaned within the back ground.
- To whine, lament, or grieve: a vintage guy who nonetheless moans about their misspent childhood.
- To make a reduced extended noise of grief or discomfort, whether articulate or otherwise not; to groan softly and continuously.
- To emit a sound like moan; -- said of things inanimate.
- To bewail or bemoan: She moaned the woman misfortunes to anyone who would listen.
- To utter with moans or a moan.
- To bewail audibly; to lament.
- To afflict; to stress.
- to help make a moan or comparable sound
- to complain
- suggest pain, discomfort, or displeasure
- To utter a reduced lifeless noise expressive of actual or psychological suffering; lament inarticulately or with mournful utterance.
- To give forth a saddening or gloomy noise, like one in distress; sound like a reduced weep of stress.
- To murmur; complain; protest.
- To lament; deplore; bewail.
- To cause to make lamentation; afflict; distress: as, “which infinitely moans me,”
- Moa-like; of or pertaining to a moa.
- Definition for "moan"
- a reduced, sustained, mournful cry, frequently indicative of…
- View More
- Sentence for "moan"
- The sugar train to Matanzas started…
- View More
- Quotes for "moan"
- "It always depresses me when people…"
- View More
- Synonym for "moan"
- Verb Forms for "moan"
- Phrases for "moan"
- Rhyme for "moan"
- Hypernym for "moan"
- Cross Reference for "moan"
- Etymologically Related for "moan"
- Form for "moan"
- Urban Dictionary for "moan"