- Mathematics The expression -, as with 4 - 2 = 2, which is used to point subtraction or an adverse quantity.
- Chemistry The same sign, familiar with show levorotatory rotation of polarized light.
- The symbol − or - used to denote the operation of subtraction and to indicate that a number is negative.
- an indicator suggesting the operation of subtraction
- the sign [-] denoting minus, or less, prefixed to bad amounts, or amounts to be subtracted. See Bad sign, under Negative.
- Definition for "minus sign"
- Mathematics The expression -, as with 4 -…
- View More
- Hypernym for "minus sign"
- Cross Reference for "minus sign"