- some of various flowers for the genus Polygala, having variously colored, irregular blossoms with two petaloid sepals.
- Any of above 500 species of flowering plants of the genus Polygala which are utilized as a food source because of the larvae of some members of the Lepidoptra species.
- A genus of plants (Polygala) of many species. The common European Polygala vulgaris was likely to possess power of making a flow of milk in nurses.
- A plant of genus Polygala, formerly thought to improve the milk of nurses.
- A seaside plant, Glaux maritima, with the same expected property. Also referred to as sea-milkwort.
- any one of numerous plants of genus Polygala
Sentence for "milkwort"
Hyponym for "milkwort"
Hypernym for "milkwort"
Same Context for "milkwort"