- The central or principal vein of a leaf.
- The strengthened vein down the middle of a flower petal or leaf.
- A continuation for the petiole, extending from the base into the apex of this lamina of a leaf.
- In botany, the center (the just) rib or nerve of a leaf; a continuation for the petiole, extending from the base towards the apex of this lamina. See nervation.
- In apiculture, the septum or partition between the two sheets of cells which are within every comb. Phin, Dict. Apiculture, Int., p. xiii.
- the vein in the middle of a leaf
Sentence for "midrib"
- The leaves when magnified are seen…
Hypernym for "midrib"
Same Context for "midrib"