- Botany small of two types of spores that provide rise to a male gametophyte.
- a little spore.
- one of many extremely small spores found in specific flowerless plants, as Selaginella and Isoetes, which bear two types of spores, one really smaller than another. Cf. macrospore.
- In botany, an asexually created spore of small-size as compared with other people made by equivalent species: the homologue associated with the pollen-grain of phanerogams.
- In zoology, among spore-like elements, of exceedingly small dimensions, but extremely many, produced through encystment and subsequent subdivision of numerous monads.
- smaller of 2 kinds of spore produced in heterosporous plants; develops into the pollen sac into a male gametophyte
Sentence for "microspore"
- The first division is the microspore…
Hypernym for "microspore"
Variant for "microspore"